The following represents the Australian Progressives policy to provide a safe, clear path to resolve the dereliction of duty by the Parliament to the Nation, and by the Nation, to those who seek Asylum. Australian Progressives will:
- As a matter of priority, establish a Royal Commission into the Mandatory Detention and Offshore Processing of Asylum Seekers since 1992.
- Establish a policy of Onshore Processing of Asylum claims.
- Increase the Australian Humanitarian Intake to 26,000 per year.
- Support the closure of all remaining Australian Offshore Processing Centres on Manus Island, and in Nauru. All current detainees to be brought to Australia, and processed Onshore.
- Consult with regional partners to establish point-of-safe-harbour in South East Asia to prevent the resumption of dangerous maritime crossing.
- Seek to establish Australian-run refugee settlements in consultation with nations bordering conflict zones to improve safety closer to home.
- Seek out a regional asylum seeker agreement.