Equity is a key Australian value; the fair go. In order to ensure equity for all Australians, Australian Progressives will:
First Peoples of Australia
- Work with the First Peoples of Australia to write a treaty.
- Review frameworks to improve progress achieving Closing the Gap goals.
- Commit to long term funding initiatives to empower communities to solve their local issues.
- Advocate for fairness for both women and men wherever there are systemic discriminatory practices; including equal pay, maternity leave, childcare and parental custody.
- Support all the recommendations to increase funding and services as outlined in the final report from the Victorian Royal Commission into Domestic Violence.
- Defend Australia’s culture of egalitarianism by ensuring legal rights and opportunities are protected and applied equally to all Australians regardless of race, sex, gender, religious, political, or cultural affiliation.